BreastfeedLA Legislative Ambassadors
BreastfeedLA Ambassadors are volunteers who will meet with California State Assemblymen and Senators to encourage their support of breastfeeding-friendly legislation. Volunteers should live or work within the state districts of the representatives they are in contact with. Ambassadors will communicate Breastfeed LA messages and positions on legislative bills or regulations to their contacts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a Breastfeed LA liaison with the assigned state legislators
- Familiarize yourself with the legislator's position on breastfeeding and the interest of local media.
- Develop a relationship with the legislator and the appropriate staff assigned to health issues in both state offices and district offices and local media.
- Request to be included in district mailings to constituents and to receive notices of local meetings/hearings conducted by the legislators.
- Maintain records of your advocacy correspondence/contacts. Document and submit report of all contacts (phone, letter, visit) and outcomes to Breastfeed LA staff.
- Participate in the BreastfeedLA Ambassadors training
- Attend Policy Day, held annually in June, to advocate for breastfeeding, if available.
For more information and to sign up, please contact:
Phone: (310) 354-2238